How good are the crispy cheese bits on the outside of your grilled cheese sandwich? Well you might not be eating grilled cheese sandwiches much anymore but you can still get that crispy cheese enjoyment with these cheese crackers.
There are many ways to make cheese crackers, but this is the method we prefer. I like knowing there is half a slice of cheese in each cracker for tracking purposes and that I can get a more consistent result.
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Cooling rack
- Sliced Cheddar Cheese – we like this one
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut cheese slices in quarters, so you end up with 4 small squares from each slice
- Line baking tray with baking paper
- Place 2 of the small cheese squares on top of each other per cracker on the tray. Space them out on the tray as they will spread
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crackers are bubbling all over and no longer translucent looking in the centre. Try not to let them turn too orange as they can become bitter
- Remove from the tray and place on a cooling rack for them to cool down and crisp up
- Store in an airtight container
As part of a cheese or grazing platter. We love to take a grazing platter with keto friendly food on it when invited to family get togethers or a BBQ with friends. Even non keto friends and family enjoy snacking on these cheese crackers.
In place of the corn chips in your Nachos. Nachos was one of our favourites before keto. We missed it alot. Erika decided to try making it with these cheese crackers and it worked out really well.
On the side of your Chile Con Carne. Chile Con Carne is one of Dan’s favourite keto dishes and we love to serve it up with cheese crackers to add some crunch.
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for more step by step guides.
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
- How To: Roast Pork Belly
- How to: Bone Broth
- How To: Quick & Easy Hollandaise
- How To: Cloud Bread
- How to: Make Ghee
- How To: Roasted Capsicum
- How to: Cheese Taco Shells
- How to: Cold Brew Coffee
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!