Cauliflower rice is a staple for a lot of people living the keto lifestyle. It has become so popular in the last couple years, you can even find it pre-packaged in the vegetable section of the supermarket.
Cauliflower rice is very easy to make yourself, so save yourself some extra dollars and make your own. All you need is a food processor and a microwave, oh and obviously a cauliflower. Butter chicken and cauliflower rice is a dish we love to serve family and friends when entertaining.
- Food processor (I use the small bowl attachment of my stick blender)
- Salt, pepper and butter to season
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Substitute this in anywhere you would normally use rice. It’s great to make some to have with indian takeaway or to serve with curries or stir fries.
We love it with zest butter chicken.
Make Cauliflower Fried Rice. Dan misses fried rice from the local Chinese takeaway and has found this to be a decent substitute.
You can even make Cauliflower Porridge
- Cut the cauliflower into chunks that will fit into your blender bowl
- Pulse in blender until texture is like a course grain. We usually would pulse 5-6 times and end up with the texture below
- Place blended cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. Cook on high for 3 minutes and stir. Then microwave in 2 minute increments until cooked. You are looking for the texture to be softened and not crunchy. The amount of time needed in the microwave depends on the amount of cauliflower you are cooking. We used half a small cauliflower and needed to cook it for 6 minutes
- Once cooked season with, salt, pepper and butter to taste
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other posts in the ‘How to’ series for more step by step guides.
- How to: Omelette
- How to: Fried Eggs
- How to: Boiled Eggs
- How to: Scrambled Eggs
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
- How To: Roast Pork Belly
- How to: Bone Broth
- How To: Quick & Easy Hollandaise
- How To: Cloud Bread
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!