Once you learn how to fry eggs, your keto breakfast can be really quick and simple. One of the things I get asked often by non keto people is what do I eat for breakfast if I don’t eat bread or cereal. People are often astounded that I have lost weight eating eggs for breakfast. Fried eggs are so quick to make and can as quick as cooking a couple of pieces of toast.
What is not to love about eggs! They are little nutrition powerhouses which contain good quality protein, healthy fats as well as a range of vitamins and minerals. They are a perfect inclusion to a ketogenic lifestyle as they are so versatile as well as being quick and easy to prepare.
Over the month of May we will be covering our favourite ways to prepare eggs in step-by-step detail. So don’t worry if you are not a whiz in the kitchen, as we will guide you through the most delicious and easiest ways to prepare scrambles, omelettes and poached, boiled and fried eggs.
How to Fry Eggs
Fried eggs are one of Dan’s favourite ways to have her eggs. She has also gotten pretty good at frying up her own eggs, which makes me very happy.
Often after Crossfit, she will come home starving and choose to fry up a couple of eggs in bacon fat as they are super quick to cook and she has very limited time in the morning before heading off to work. She usually just has these by themselves with some salt and pepper or some everything but the bagel seasoning.
So, even if your mornings are hectic, there would still be time to quickly fry up an egg or two and have before you rush out the door.
- Frying pan with a lid
- Spatula or egg flip
- A small glass or coffee cup
- 1-2 tbs of your preferred cooking fat (we like ghee or bacon grease)
- Salt and pepper
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
- On their own with some salt and pepper on top
- With bacon, mushrooms and sausages for a filling breakfast
- With your favourite low carb bread, we like Herman Brot, for eggs on toast
- On top of our keto chorizo chilli
- Preheat your frying pan on medium-high heat
- Add your preferred cooking fat and continue to heat
- Crack your egg into your glass or cup, this makes it easier to transfer to the hot pan
- Once the fat is melted and the pan is hot, reduce the heat to medium and add your eggs
- Place the lid on the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg white is no longer translucent
- Remove the egg from the pan now for a runny yolk. If you prefer a hard yolk, flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for more step-by-step guides
- How to Make Fathead Pizza Dough
- How To make Pulled Pork
- How to Roast Chicken
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- How to Poach Eggs
- How to Make an Omelette
- How to Fry Eggs
- How to Boil Eggs
- How to Scramble Eggs
- How To make Flavoured Butter
How to Fry Eggs
If you are yet to master a fried egg you need to learn how to fry eggs as they are a super quick and nutritious meal or even a great snack.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat your frying pan on medium-high heat
Add your preferred cooking fat and continue to heat
Crack your egg into your glass or cup, this makes it easier to transfer to the hot pan
Once the fat is melted and the pan is hot, reduce the heat to medium and add your eggs
Place the lid on the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the egg white is no longer translucent
Remove the egg from the pan now for a runny yolk. If you prefer a hard yolk, flip and cook for a further 1 -2 minutes
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!