Coffee is such a staple in many people’s morning routine. In the keto community bulletproof coffee is a bit of a religion for some! When travelling in California and Portland we found it very easy to get cold brew coffee everywhere.
It was an easy option to buy when travelling as you could control the cream that you added to it. Once we got back we wanted to find a way to make our own. It’s perfect served over ice with some cream or nut milk on a warm summers day.
- 100g ground coffee, medium to coarse grind
- 1L filtered water
Serve the coffee over ice black or with milk or cream of your choice. It is great with homemade nut milk. This is Erika’s favourite way to have her coffee.
Use it to make Keto Coffee Ice Blocks. These are great to have in the freezer for a warm summers day.
Add a shot of the cold brew coffee to a smoothie or a frappe for an extra caffeine hit.
- Place ground coffee into your nut milk bag
- Place the nut milk bag into the glass jar and secure the bag open around the outside of the rim of the jar with a rubber band, or have someone hold it for you
- Pour the water into the jar through the coffee grounds ensuring all the grounds are wet and covered in water
- Place the lid on the jar securing the nut milk bag
- Place in the fridge for 24 hours
- Remove from the fridge and strain through a sieve lined with cheesecloth into a jug
- Decant coffee into a glass jar and store in the fridge
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Add a scoop of Perfect Keto Chocolate collagen for a delicious mocha.
What is your favourite way to drink coffee? Let us know in the comments below.
We hope you found this helpful. Check out our other ‘How to’ posts for more step by step guides.
- How To make Smoked Pulled Pork
- How to: Roast Chicken
- How to: Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- How to: Poached Eggs
- How to: Omelette
- How to: Fried Eggs
- How to: Boiled Eggs
- How to: Scrambled Eggs
- How To: Flavoured Butters
- How To: Roasted Garlic
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
Get your FREE eBook - 10 Easy Keto Packed Lunch Ideas
6 exclusive new recipes
Meal prep tips
10 quick and easy lunches
Never have a boring lunch at work again!