It can be hard to find a good keto cookie as there are so many recipes out there. Well, look no further. These keto cookies have crunch and they taste like Nutella. Enough said right? These keto cookies are great for a snack or to satisfy that sweet craving.
Hazelnut Keto Cookies
Since beginning our ketogenic lifestyle we have tried many different cookie recipes. Erika used to make the best chocolate chip cookies and we have been trying to find a keto version. It can be hard to make a crunchy cookie (and believe me I have tried) when you are not using traditional sugar and flour. These keto cookies aren’t chocolate chip, but they do have a crunch of a cookie that we like and the Nutella flavour is a real winner.
Nut butters are a really popular keto snack. Erika LOVES peanut butter straight from the jar. There are now so many different types of nut butters available. As well as being a great snack we like to use them in our keto baking too. Check out a list of some of our favourites below;
- Peanut Butter
- Cinnamon Spiced Almond Butter
- Pistachio and Almond Butter
- Almond Butter
- Hazelnut Butter
- Almond Chia Butter
- Macadamia Butter
- Pistachio Butter
When using nut butters in cooking, we recommend stirring in any oil that may have separated out from your nut butter first to make sure the consistency is smooth. If you are interested in learning more about different nut options and which are the best to eat on a ketogenic diet check out our blog post here.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Ketofying your favourite baked goods, isn’t always easy. One of the hardest things to recreate are keto friendly baked goods. It’s difficult to get the same crunch you get when using flour and sugar, when using almond flour, coconut flour and sweeteners. These keto cookies have been able to get some crunch and aren’t like the soft cookies we have made with other keto cookie recipes.
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them most months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
If you are ordering some hazelnut butter to make these cookies, along with some other low carb goodies, don’t forget to use our code for a discount on your order – HAVEBUTTER5.
We love to use Sukrin sweeteners in our keto baking and these keto cookies. We have tried loads of the sweeteners available on the market and have found this to be the best tasting option with no bitter after taste. Our family and friends, who are not keto, love our keto baking too when it is made with Sukrin. Also, it is made with our preferred sweeteners, a combination of stevia glycosides and erythritol.
Australians! Don’t worry, the Sukrin products are available for us too. If you are interested check out Sukrin Australia.
Our favourites from the Sukrin products are;
- Sukrin 1 – which substitutes one for one for white sugar
- Sukrin Gold – which substitutes one for one for brown sugar
- Sukrin Melis – which substitutes one for one for icing or powdered sugar
- Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup – this reminds me of golden syrup that we use in baking in Australia. It tastes delicious and is great for making any caramel recipes
Have you made these keto cookies? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
- Low Carb Christmas Pudding – Cranberry & Walnut with Mascarpone Cream
- Black Forest Trifle – Low Carb and Keto
- Keto Rum Balls
- Keto Rocky Road
- Chocolate & Orange Keto Baked Custard
- Caramel & Peanut Butter Keto Shake
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Keto Brownie
- Keto Blondies – Brown Butter, Tahini & Pecan
- Keto Chocolate Bark
- Keto Blueberry Sauce
- Preheat oven to160C/320F and line a baking tray/cookie sheet with non stick baking paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl & stir until fully combined.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of cookie mixture into your hand and shape into cookie shape. (These cookies won't spread, so make them the thickness and shape that you prefer)
- Place cookies in the oven and bake for approximately 12-15 mins, turning the tray halfway. Keep an eye on them as they can brown on the edges quickly.
- Once cookies are baked, remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Once completely cool, store in an airtight container.
- Dip or drizzle with your favourite chocolate. We like to use the vitawerx white chocolate.
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium. More delicious snack recipes can be found here. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.