Combining Greek yoghurt and eggs, this easy Turkish eggs recipe is the perfect protein-packed breakfast! If you haven’t tried a savoury yoghurt served with eggs for breakfast before, I think you will definitely be pleasantly surprised, because the Turkish eggs are absolutely delicious. We love this easy Turkish egg recipe because there is no poaching required, making it a quick and easy weekday breakfast option.
Turkish eggs without poaching!
Traditional Turkish eggs, known as Çılbır, are made with poached eggs. You can find a traditional recipe from Turkish recipe creator Ayesnur Altan here. We prefer to very gently fry the eggs in the flavoured butter rather than poaching for a quicker and easier twist on a traditional Turkish eggs recipe.
We love to have eggs during the week for breakfast, but we don’t normally have time to fuss around poaching eggs. That is why we love this easy Turkish eggs recipe, which gives all the delicious flavour and texture of a classic Turkish egg recipe, without having to add the stress of poaching eggs to your morning.
Turkish eggs are traditionally made using Aleppo pepper, but I have not been able to easily find that in the supermarket. We used smoked paprika and chilli flakes in place of the Aleppo pepper in this recipe as they are readily available at the supermarket.
Yoghurt is a great protein source
Plain Greek yoghurt is another great option to add protein to your breakfasts. It has approximately 10g of protein per 100g. We love to serve Greek yoghurt with some berries and our keto granola. You can also use it in smoothies and chia puddings.
Adding half a cup of Greek yoghurt to your eggs for breakfast, like this easy Turkish eggs recipe, adds about 12g of protein to your breakfast. Combine this with the protein from the eggs and you have over 25g of protein, which is a great way to start your day.
Protein-packed breakfasts in September
This month (September 2022), we are talking all new recipes featuring protein-packed breakfasts! We will be sharing our favourite recipes, tips & tricks, ingredients and kitchen equipment on our Facebook page across September to help you create delicious, easy protein-packed recipes at home. Make sure you are following along so you don’t miss out!
Here are the first two protein-packed recipes;
We also send out monthly exclusive recipes for our email subscribers, make sure you sign up to our email newsletter below so you don’t miss out on the exclusive recipes.
- This recipe can be easily halved if you are just cooking Turkish eggs for one person.
- We love a small amount of chilli flakes in this recipe for a little bit of heat, however, you can use as much or as little as you like, depending on your preference.
- These Turkish eggs can be served with toast or flat bread to mop up the eggs and yoghurt if you prefer, or we like to have them as is.
- The yoghurt sauce can be made in advance and stored in the fridge, and you can just cook the eggs at breakfast time.
Make it low carb
- This recipe is already naturally low carb at around 6g of net carbs for the meal.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Easy Turkish eggs
These Turkish eggs are a quick and easy protein-packed breakfast using eggs, Greek yoghurt, butter and some herbs and spices. Starting the day with this easy Turkish eggs recipe is awesome as it has over 20g of protein, it is delicious, as well as satiating. This breakfast is naturally low carb, but you can also serve it with some toast or flat bread if you prefer.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Banana Protein Muffins
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Ham and cheese frittata
- Homemade Baked Beans Recipe
- Easy Turkish eggs
- Chicken apple sausage Pattie recipe
- Protein Chia Pudding
- Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins
- Keto Creamy Baked Eggs
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 sprigs dill, leaves finely chopped
- 5 leaves mint, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cracked black pepper
- 30 g butter
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- 4 eggs
- extra herbs for garnishing
- Combine all ingredients together in a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Divide the sauce between two plates and spread out to form a base for the eggs to sit on.
- Heat a small frying pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter, paprika, chilli flakes and salt to the pan. Allow it to melt and stir to come together.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and crack the 4 eggs into the pan.
- Cover and allow to cook for 3-4 mins. You want the eggs to very gently cook in the butter, not fry and get crispy. Ideally you would like the egg whites to cook and the egg yolks to be soft or runny, but you can cook the eggs to your liking.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and serve 2 eggs per person on top of the yoghurt. Drizzle the seasoned butter from the pan over the eggs on both of the plates.
- Garnish with extra dill if desired.