We don’t mind what the weather is we are very happy to eat chilli at any time of the year, and this easy beef chilli will be a weeknight favourite in your kitchen too. This easy beef chill recipe is so easy to make and the beauty of it is you can spice it up however you like. The chilli itself is mild, so perfect for kids (and Dan!), but you can add extra chilli sauce or chopped jalapeños if you prefer it spicier. Give this easy beef chilli recipe a go this week as we know you will love it as much as we do.
Our favourite recipes using beef mince
We love using beef mince (ground beef) in our recipes as it is yummy, convenient, quick to cook and a great source of protein and other nutrients. We always make sure we have some in the freezer as we know we then have a quick and tasty meal. Some of our favourite ways to use minced beef are burgers, zoodles with bolognese sauce, meatballs, taco bowls and lasagne.
Check out some of our favourite beef mince recipes here –
We love to include black beans in this easy beef chilli to increase the protein and for some variety in our meals. We also like the extra thickness the starch from the beans gives to the chilli texture. If you tolerate legumes, some people don’t, they are a great way to add some variety to your meals.
We are able to find canned black beans easily in most major Australian supermarkets and they are very affordable. You can find them in the aisle with the other canned beans and legumes like chickpeas etc.
We first found Mingle Seasonings at La Manna Supermarket in Essendon 6-7 years ago. Since then, Mingle has grown significantly and now some of the range is also available at Coles and Woolworths supermarkets, which is just so convenient! Their seasoning blends only use herbs and spices with no fillers and no sugar. We love to use them to season our steak, chicken wings, hamburgers and roasting vegetables.
If you haven’t tried any of these seasonings yet, we highly recommend them! They are readily available in Woolworths supermarkets in Australia.
For this recipe, you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount – HAVEBUTTER5 or from Woolworths in the meal sachets/sauces section.
- For the bone broth in this recipe, you can easily make your own at home using a slow cooker or a pressure cooker. Our favourite bone broth powder option is this one from NutraOrganics. The Maggie Beer bone broths available at most supermarkets are also a really good option.
- Any leftover chilli will freeze well and is perfect reheated for a lunch at work.
- This is also a good make-ahead meal if you are a meal prepper. The easy beef chilli can be prepared and then stored in the fridge to be reheated on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- We love to serve this easy beef chilli with rice and all the trimmings – sour cream, grated cheese, coriander (cilantro) and avocado or guacamole.
- We love to heat up any leftover chilli and poach some eggs in the chilli, it makes an absolutely scrumptious brunch!
Make it Low Carb
- Serve this chilli with cauliflower rice or low carb veggies instead of rice.
- Leave the beans out completely and reduce the bone broth to 1/2 a cup (the end result will be different to the original recipe).
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website is products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our experiences with you.
You may need –
Easy Beef Chilli
When you want a simple meal that the whole family will love, then this easy beef chilli is for you! The beauty of a chilli is that you can add as many toppings as you like or keep it super simple. We love to serve this easy beef chilli with rice or cauliflower rice and all the trimmings – sour cream, grated cheese, avocado, fresh coriander and chopped jalapeños. It is such a tasty weeknight dinner and the leftovers reheat perfectly.
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Cream Cheese Pasta
- Lemon Chicken Marinade
- Mexican chicken marinade
- Smoked Chicken Salad
- Roast Pumpkin Salad
- Tandoori Chicken Salad
- Beef Rissoles – Veggie Packed
- Beef Satay Recipe
- Creamy Mustard Chicken
- Baked Eggplant
- 1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 sachet Mingle Seasoning Chipotle Taco spice blend
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 1 can black beans, drained (400g)
- 1 cup bone broth or beef stock
- sour cream
- grated cheese
- coriander leaves
- Heat a large frying-pan over medium high heat and add the oil.
- Once the pan has heated, add the onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the mince and break up with a spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until the mince is browned.
- Add in the Mingle chipotle seasoning sachet and stir through to allow the spices to become fragrant.
- Add in the tomatoes, beans and broth or stock and reduce the pan to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the liquid has mostly reduced.
- Season with salt to taste and it is ready to serve.