This cream bacon noodles recipe uses zucchini noodles as the pasta. You won’t miss the pasta in this meal! The smoky flavour from the bacon and the creaminess from the Boursin cheese and the cream makes this keto zoodle recipe packed full of flavour. We have fallen in love with using zoodles as a pasta replacement and we don’t really miss the pasta any more. Pasta would always leave us feeling very full and bloated. Now you can enjoy creamy bacon noodles without that heavy feeling afterwards.
Creamy Bacon Noodles
Zucchini noodles are an extremely popular low carb way of serving up your favourite pasta sauces. Erika used to make a zucchini and bacon creamy pasta sauce that we used to serve with homemade fettuccine that Dan used to make. Now, the sauce is similar and Dan makes the zucchini noodles instead. It’s one of our favourite go to weekday meals.
The bacon, Boursin cheese and cream are delicious and full of fat and flavour, which makes this creamy bacon noodles the perfect keto meal as it is very satiating. Nothing better than a meal that keeps you full right into the next day.
Boursin has long been one of our favourite cheeses. It has always been part of our cheese and cracker snack combination. We usually are able to find this cheese at our local supermarkets, including Woolworths and Coles. You will want to look for it it the speciality cheese section near the speciality goats cheese and cream cheese.
Boursin cheese originates from Normandy in France and is extremely popular and readily available in France. We are always jealous of the flavour options our french friends have access to. We can’t wait to try some of the other flavours when we visit France. The original recipe was inspired by fromage frais, a traditional party dish blended that blends garlic, fresh cream, soft cheese, herbs, salt and pepper.
When Francios Boursin, was first developing his Boursin recipe, he had to come up with a name for the cheese. Even though, this cheese was not the same as any other, he had to classify it. He decided to go with Gournay Cheese and you will see this on every package now.
Zucchini noodles have long been a low carb favourite. One of the most popular utensils we own, is our vegetable spiralizer. We love to use it to make our zucchini noodles. They are now pretty easy and cheap to buy with options at Kmart and other Australian department stores.
If you don’t have access to a spiralizer, don’t worry, zoodles are now available at Coles and Woolworths in the fresh fruit and vegetable section. We are amazed with how far our supermarkets have come. When we started keto in 2016, the only way to get zoodles or cauliflower rice was to make your own.
We still prefer the ones we make at home as they tend to come out more like noodle length. The store bought ones tend to be more small little macaroni shaped zoodles than fettuccine.
- You can easily make your own zucchini noodles using a vegetable spiraliser. If you don’t have access to a spiraliser, you can now also purchase zoodles in the fresh fruit and vegetable section of many supermarkets.
- If you can’t find Boursin at your supermarket, you can swap it for a spring onion and chive cream cheese like this.
- This creamy bacon zoodles is perfect served just as is.
- Top with some parmesan cheese for that extra cheesy boost.
Struggle with lunch ideas? access our free ebook now
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Creamy Bacon Noodles
This creamy bacon noodles recipe is the perfect quick and easy weekday meal. We often have some Boursin cheese in the fridge, so can throw this delicious dish together with the ingredients we have in the fridge. If you have a couple of zucchinis that you need to use up in the fridge, this creamy bacon noodles is perfect.
We love the creaminess and richness of these noodles. The cream and the cheese perfectly coats the zucchini and is packs full of flavour. The bacon adds a delicious saltiness and texture as well.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Osso Bucco Stew
- Creamy Bacon Noodles
- Keto Cauliflower Soup with smoky bacon flavours
- Keto Chicken Tenders – Sesame crusted
- Keto Chicken Burgers – Zucchini and Halloumi
- Keto Taco Salad
- Keto Quiche Recipe – Chicken and Asparagus
- Easy Tuna Patties – Keto and Low Carb
- Keto Chicken Bake – Bacon & Ranch
- Keto Cheesy Taco Omelette
- 400 g Zucchini noodles
- 80 g Boursin
- 250 g Streaky Bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese to serve
- Place your zucchini noodles in a bowl, sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt and toss to coat the noodles in the salt. Set aside for 10-15 mins to allow the zucchinis to release some of their water.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high and add the bacon pieces. Cook for approximately 5 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Turn the heat down to medium and crumble in the Boursin cheese to melt in the pan slightly. Then add the cream and bring to a simmer.
- While the sauce is simmering stir to fully combine the Boursin cheese and ensure the sauce is smooth.
- Meanwhile use your hands to squeeze as much water as you can from the zucchini noodles. Then add them to the sauce.
- Stir the noodles through the sauce for a minute or 2 to heat the noodles through and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then it is ready to serve, top with parmesan cheese if desired.