Erika LOVES peanut butter. It is possibly her favourite thing. So, she decided to created these delicious keto chocolate peanut butter cookies. They are packed full of flavour with richness from the chocolate and the nuttiness from the peanut butter. These keto chocolate peanut butter cookies are perfect to have on hand when you are craving a cup of tea and a biscuit.
These keto chocolate peanut butter cookies are the perfect combination of Dan’s favourite thing, chocolate and Erika’s favourite thing, peanut butter, to create these delicious cookies. We both love these cookies when we are craving a sweet treat. They are delicious on their own or paired with a cup of tea or coffee.
These keto chocolate peanut butter cookies are great to take camping or hiking, as they will store well in a snap lock bag and will keep fresh for up to a week. We also love to take them on road trips or when travelling as great keto snack. Finding snacks we can easily travel with, is a win for us.
Making keto cookies has been one of our favourite, yet most frustrating recipes to develop. We have always loved a cookie with a crunch and that is very difficult to get using keto friendly baking ingredients. If you love cookies as much as we do, check out some of our favourites below.
- Keto Gingerbread Cookies
- Hazelnut Keto Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vanilla Shortbread Cookies
- Anzac Biscuits
Low carb baking
Baking your favourite desserts and cakes using low carb replacement ingredients can be tricky. When you start replacing flour with low carb alternatives, like almond flour and coconut flour, it’s important to know they don’t work the same as normal flour.
When using sweeteners in place of sugar it’s important to check if it acts as a 1:1 replacement. The sukrin sweeteners we love are 1:1 and act the most like sugar of all the sweeteners we have tried.
Even though these things make keto baking more difficult, it is really easy to find a keto version of most of your favourite baked goods.
Low carb sweeteners
We love to use Sukrin sweeteners in our keto baking and these peanut butter cookies. We have tried loads of the sweeteners available on the market and have found this to be the best tasting option with no bitter after taste. Our family and friends, who are not keto, love our keto baking too when it is made with Sukrin. Also, it is made with our preferred sweeteners, a combination of stevia glycosides and erythritol.
Australians! Don’t worry, the Sukrin products are available for us too. If you are interested check out Sukrin Australia.
Our favourites from the Sukrin products are;
- Sukrin 1 – which substitutes one for one for white sugar
- Sukrin Gold – which substitutes one for one for brown sugar
- Sukrin Melis – which substitutes one for one for icing or powdered sugar
- Sukrin Gold Fibre Syrup – this reminds me of golden syrup that we use in baking in Australia. It tastes delicious and is great for making any caramel recipes
- When forming the cookie dough into the cookies for baking, we find it so much easier to roll them in your hands and the press down with a fork on the baking tray to get a nice pattern on the cookie.
- These cookies are perfect just on their own.
- If you are like us, and enjoy having a cup of tea and biscuit, these are perfect paired with our favourite tea, Lady Grey, or a cup of coffee.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven and these keto chocolate peanut butter cookies, are just perfect. These cookies are soft and chewy and full of flavour. The richness of the dark chocolate paired with the nuttiness and crunchiness of crunchy peanut butter, is a real winner in our opinion.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Keto Blueberry Muffins
- Keto Coconut Pie Bars
- Keto Salted Caramel Custard
- 25 Easy Keto Desserts
- Keto Cheesecake Fluff
- Keto White Christmas
- Keto Fruit Mince Scrolls
- Keto Baked Camembert – Apricot & Walnut
- Keto Coconut Rough
- Pre heat the oven to 160C/320F
- Melt the chocolate, we did it in the microwave at 50% power for 30 sec increments stirring in between.
- Add the sweetener, peanut butter, vanilla and the salt to the melted chocolate and stir until all combined
- Add the egg and stir and the mixture will thicken to more of a cookie dough texture.
- Roll the mixture into heaped teaspoon sized balls, place on a lined baking tray and press out with a fork. You should make 18 cookies from the mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, transfer to a cooling rack to allow them to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.