We have fallen in love with making sheet pan dinner’s recently. They are so easy and a great way to make a dinner the whole family will love. We first tried our hand at a chicken sheet pan dinner when were asked to create an easy keto recipe for busy mothers by Meraki Mother.
keto Chicken sheet pan dinner with Feta and Olives
For this recipe we wanted to try some mediterranean flavours as we love greek style food. The chicken paired with olive oil, oregano and garlic and vegetables like peppers and onion give this dish beautiful colour and flavour. Add in the traditional mediterranean ingredients like olives and feta and we found the winning Greek combination for this dish.
sheet pan dinners
If you live a busy life between work, family, social life and all the things that go with a modern life these days, you will fall in love with sheet pan dinners like us. What’s not to love about a meal where you just put all the ingredients into the pan and pop it in the oven with no further work needed.
You can really get very creative with it. Choose any protein and try out a bunch of different flavour combinations.
We have always been those people that only eat chicken breast. I guess it is because we were conditioned that it was the lean healthy option. Since transitioning to a keto lifestyle we have implemented different cuts of meat. One cut we have really fallen in love with is the chicken thigh with bone in and skin on.
In Australia, the thigh cut is about half the price of chicken breast making it a much more budget friendly option. When we bought the thigh cut for the first time I was shocked as to how much cheaper it is.
Greek Feta Cheese
We have always been fans of feta cheese but after travelling to Greece on a cruise with our friends and ordering a greek salad with lunch every day, we become obsessed with feta cheese. We love to add it to our salads in summer to add a delicious saltiness. We were yet to find a winter dish that we could add feta to. This keto chicken sheet pan dinner was the perfect dish for it.
The reason the feta works so well in this dish is that it doesn’t melt like some other cheeses under heat. it will slightly brown and go crispy on the corners and soften in the middle giving it a really nice soft texture when you bite into it.
If you love this chicken sheet pan dinner make sure you check out this chicken fajita sheet pan dinner over at Meraki Mother.
We would love to see your delicious sheet pan dinner creations, tag @havebutterwilltravel on Instagram or Twitter.
Check out our other delicious keto meal recipes –
- Creamy Roasted Chicken Thighs with Bacon & Leek
- Keto Broccoli & Cheese Soup
- Keto Spinach & Cheese Pie
- Pan-Fried Salmon with Curry Sauce
- Keto Curried Sausages
- Keto Poke Bowl
- Keto mac and cheese
- Keto Egg Salad
- Keto Pumpkin Soup – Curry & Coconut
- Keto Teriyaki Salmon
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius/ 390 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut the capsicums and onion into thick wedges.
- Cut the feta cheese into large cubes
- Place the chicken thighs and the cut vegetables into a large bowl
- In small bowl, combine the oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil and stir until combined
- Pour the olive oil mixture into the large bowl with the chicken thighs and vegetables. Toss to make sure all the chicken and vegetables are coated in the olive oil mixture
- Place the chicken mixture into a large baking dish or a rimmed baking tray and place in the oven. Make sure the chicken is skin side up on the tray. You will also want the vegetables to be at the bottom of the tray. Some juices may collect in the cooking process so it is better if there is a small rim on the tray or dish.
- Add the olives, feta and lemon wedges around the chicken pieces. Try not to place them on top of the chicken skin.
- Place baking tray into the oven and cook for 30 minutes, then increase the temperature to 220 degrees Celsius/430 degrees Fahrenheit for a further 10-15 mintues or until the skin is golden brown.