We love to meal prep this chicken apple sausage pattie recipe on the weekend or at the start of the week. That way we have quick and easy protein-packed breakfasts on hand during the week. Two of these chicken apple sausage patties with a fried egg and some sautéed spinach is a delicious and filling breakfast. These chicken breakfast patties are also a great egg free savoury breakfast option too.
Savoury breakfasts without eggs
We quite often get asked for breakfast ideas that are protein-packed but do not contain eggs. Some people are intolerant or allergic to eggs or just don’t like them. These chicken apple sausage patties are a perfect egg free breakfast! You can eat them as is, with some sautéed veggies like mushrooms, spinach etc or even on a wrap or sandwich.
The best part is there are only a few ingredients in this chicken apple sausage pattie recipe, the chicken mince, grated apple and some seasoning.
Egg free Protein-packed breakfasts
As we mentioned, these chicken apple sausage patties are a great option for someone looking for a protein-packed breakfast that is egg free. Some other ingredients you can include in your breakfast to add protein without eggs is Greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, protein powder, other sausages or meats like bacon, prosciutto, ham etc.
Some other great protein-packed egg free breakfast suggestions are;
- Protein chia pudding
- Porridge/oats with added protein powder
- Smoothie or shake with protein powder
- Beef mince sautéed with kale
- Leftovers from dinner
- Greek yoghurt with berries and nuts
Protein-packed breakfasts in September
This month (September 2022), we are talking all new recipes featuring protein-packed breakfasts! We will be sharing our favourite recipes, tips & tricks, ingredients and kitchen equipment on our Facebook page across September to help you create delicious, easy protein-packed recipes at home. Check out our recipe from last week, protein chia pudding, below.
We also send out monthly exclusive recipes for our email subscribers, make sure you sign up to our email newsletter below so you don’t miss out on the exclusive recipes.
- Chicken mince tends to be quite sticky, it can help to wet your hands to make working with it easier.
- These chicken sausage patties are a great meal prep option. You can make them up on a Sunday afternoon and cook them. Store them in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheat the patties in the microwave or in a pan as required.
- These patties store well in the fridge for 3 -4 days, and can also be frozen in a snap lock/silicon bag or storage container once completely cooled.
- We like to serve these chicken apple sausage patties with sautéed mushrooms and spinach. They are also great with fried or scrambled eggs or served on a breakfast wrap or sandwich.
- The recipe makes 8 patties and we would usually serve 2 patties as a serve with some veggies, eggs etc.
Make it low carb
- This recipe is already pretty low carb at 2g of net carbs per pattie. To keep your breakfast low carb serve the patties with eggs or low carb veggies.
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
You may need –
Chicken Apple Sausage patties recipe
If you are looking for a breakfast recipe that is protein-packed then this chicken apple sausage pattie recipe is the one for you! If you have two of these patties for breakfast, that is 22g of protein, add a fried egg and your breakfast is nearly at 30g of protein – what a great way to start your day. Not only are these chicken breakfast patties protein-packed, they are also delicious and pretty quick and easy to make. They are great for meal prep on the weekend for a quick grab-and-go breakfast during the week as the patties store and reheat well. Give this recipe a try next week!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5 star rating.
If you like this recipe you may also like…
- Banana Protein Muffins
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Ham and cheese frittata
- Homemade Baked Beans Recipe
- Easy Turkish eggs
- Chicken apple sausage Pattie recipe
- Protein Chia Pudding
- Keto Spinach & Cheese Pie
- Keto Ham and Cheese Muffins
- Keto Creamy Baked Eggs
- 500 g chicken mince
- 1 green apple, grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground sage
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- oil for cooking, we used avocado or olive oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and work the mixture well to ensure it is well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 and shape into patties. It can help to use wet hands as the mixture may be quite sticky.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan/skillet over medium-high heat and add a small amount of oil.
- Cook the patties for 2-3 minutes in each side, or until cooked through. You may need to cook in batches spending on the size of your pan.
Cheryl Burt says
I love these Chicken Patties, the Apple certainly gives it a lovely nurturing flavour.
I keep them in the freezer all the time, great to have one available if I feel like a protein snack.
I have used Turkey Mince also which is perfect.
Thank you Erika, you do come up with some fabulous recipes.
I like the fact there are not too many ingredients!!