Chia pudding is one of our favourite egg free breakfasts. It is really easy to make and this Chia parfait takes the every day chia pudding to the next level. It would be perfect to serve for a weekend brunch with friends or as a low carb dessert as part of a dinner party.
This is a sponsored post by Low Carb Emporium, Australia’s leading online shop for our favourite keto friendly products. All products recommended in this post are based on our personal favourites.
Black Forest Keto Chia Parfait
We have been thinking about creating a black forest flavoured dessert for a while and feel this black forest keto chia parfait captures the black forest flavours perfectly.
Black Forest Flavours
A typical black forest cake would be a chocolate cake with cherries and whipped cream sandwiched between the cake layers. So we took that inspiration and used cacao powder in the chia pudding, sugar free cherry jam and marscapone cheese for the cherry and whipped cream.
Hawthorne Hill Farm Sugar Free Jams
We first found these guys when we were on a weekend away in Launceston and we went and checked out Evandale Sunday markets. You could imagine our excitement when we saw sugar free jams, sweetened using xylitol.
They have sugar free varieties of the following:
- Rhubarb and Apple
- Mixed berry
- Orange and Lemon Marmalade
- Lemon and Lime Marmalade
We buy our jam from Low Carb Emporium.
Chia seeds are easily found in the health food section of most supermarkets in Australia. They are little black or white seeds. We usually use the black chia seeds for our chia parfait. Chia seeds provide an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, fiber, iron and calcium and are packed full of anti-oxidants.
LOW CARB EMPORIUM
Low Carb Emporium is the premium online low carb website in Australia. They launched in October 2017 and have grown to be the stockists of the best low carb products Australia has to offer. We love Low Carb Emporium and place an order with them every couple of months. Although at the moment it feels like we are ordering more like every couple of weeks.
Jack and Yvonne have gone from shipping products out of their garage to now needing a warehouse to distribute all our favourite products. We were lucky enough to be invited to check out their new premises and were impressed by all the wonderful products they have in stock now.
For this recipe you can purchase the below ingredients from Low Carb Emporium using our code for a discount HAVEBUTTER5
Egg free breakfasts
We often see people asking for breakfast options that aren’t bacon eggs. I think people new to keto get really excited that you can have bacon and eggs on a “diet” and go down the path of eating them every day. After while they start looking for other breakfast options. Some find bacon and eggs time consuming in the morning and want something they can eat in the car on the way to work or on the run.
As much as we LOVE bacon and eggs we also enjoy different breakfast options from time to time.
here are some great breakfast options.
- Pecan pie keto oatmeal
- Bulletproof bone broth
- Keto breakfast muffins
- Keto cheesecake muffins
- Chocolate fat bomb smoothie
- Keto chia pudding
- Keto granola
Disclosure: The above post may contain affiliate links. We may earn a small commission from purchases made through these links, at no additional cost to you. Everything we recommend on our website are products we use and love. Thank you for supporting Have Butter will Travel and allowing us to share our low carb experiences with you.
- 250 g Marscapone Cheese 1/2 a pound
- 0.25 cup Sugar Free Cherry Jam Jelly
- 0.25 cup Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Combine all chia pudding ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Cover and place in the fridge for one to two hours or overnight to gel. There may still be lumps of cacao powder when you put it in the fridge, but they will dissolve as it sits.
- Place the Marscapone in a small bowl and stir to a smooth consistency.
- Swirl the jam through the Marscapone gently without thoroughly combining.
- Take the chia pudding from the fridge and stir to ensure all the cacao powder has dissolved.
- Divide all of the Chia pudding mixture between the 4 glasses
- For the next layer, Sprinkle the toasted coconut flakes on top of the chia pudding evenly.
- Divide marscapone mixture between the four glasses.
- Serve with extra jam and coconut flakes if desired.
NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED.