For many people keto is made easier when you are prepared. That is definitely the case for us. Finding your favourite easy keto meal prep recipes will quickly be something that makes your life so much easier.
We love to cook up a few of these recipes on a Sunday and then we are ready to go for the rest of the week.
What we love about meal prep
We love to do some meal prep. It can take away that split second decision to eat something that you shouldn’t as you already have a delicious keto meal in the fridge or freezer ready to go.
Not only does it take away the temptation to have something you shouldn’t, it also makes eating and preparing meals during the week so much easier. If you live busy lives like us, it is so handy to have the meals done and ready to go for the week.
I just love that all the decisions have already been made. No asking Erika what’s dinner as we already know exactly what we are having. Erika struggles a little bit with meals being planned out, but finds it helps with decision making for sure.
What qualifies a recipe as a good easy meal prep recipe?
For creating this list I felt the recipes needed to tick some boxes. Here’s the criteria I used to create this easy keto meal prep recipe list. I have seen some of these lists out there that include recipes that wouldn’t meet some of this criteria.
- Must be able to be made ahead and stored in the fridge and/or freezer. It needs to be able to last 4-5 days in the fridge.
- Can be easily eaten at work. Either be eaten at room temperature or reheated in the microwave at work.
- Must taste just as good reheated as it does when it has just been made. The texture and feel of the dish needs to be the same when reheated. For example, a steak or pork belly doesn’t keep well or reheat as well as when it is freshly cooked.
- It needs to be easy to make. Not require lots of processes and steps as you are likely to be making a lot meals in the one day. You don’t want to get stuck on one recipe that takes 3-4 hours to make.
- Must be easy to transport. By this I mean, the whole meal should fit into 1 container.
Breakfast can be one of the meals you need to eat on the run, or at your work desk. We love these easy make ahead breakfast options.
We considering recipes to add to this meal prep list, it was a requirement that they could easily be reheated. All of these recipes are an excellent option to meal prep and have for either lunch or dinner or both.
When living a keto lifestyle, there is less need to have snacks on you all the time as you are generally less hungry. It’s still a really good thing to have some snacks prepped and ready to go for those moments where the hunger comes and you were least expecting it. All of these snacks will store well in the freezer or in an airtight container for the week.
Leave a Reply